1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I use plug ins?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by starchild, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. starchild

starchild Thread Starter

I downloaded some (that were mentioned in my thread about changing photos to look like drawings) from a link that was given.

I dl'd 3- Ink 175, Elimenwhite,solacell

They looked interesting.

They're zip files on my desktop. I can unzip them, and they're then in files, but now what?

I click on them, it says "open with", I tried PSP and PhotoShop and neither will open them. Says it's not the right file type or whatever.

I thought it might open them right INTO these programs?

When I unzip them, should I change the folder they go to, to the PhotoShop and PSP ones?

I'm new at plug ins. If it doesn't come up and ask me or tell me what it's doing - specificially, I'm lost.

~ Carrie

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

3. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

Both Photoshop and PSP should have subfolders labeled "plugins". Unzip the plugin files to these folders...

4. starchild

starchild Thread Starter

Okay, that's simple

I've gotten plug ins before and seems like they just went where they were supposed to on their own.

It's true I should get some books, but I never seem to get to reading them. I have been going over the links about using plug ins, and got sidetracked on what are bitmaps (some plug in-effects can only be used with these?) and vectors, etc!

One thing leads to another.

I then got sidetraked making flashing stars in Animation Shop (with the star effect in Eye Candy, which so far seems to be the only one I can think of I might use!)

I have a question about animations, but will start a new thread.

Thanks for the help,

~ Carrie

5. hewee

hewee

Some plugins may install on there own but most you have to go to your setting for each image program.

Don't have to many plugins for each image program because the load when you start the program.
    That is why you have the options to have 4 or paths to the plugins.
    You can just uncheck a plugin path to keep it from loading.

6. starchild

starchild Thread Starter

Okay, thanks

I got the plugins installed, but they don't seem to do anything that useful. At least overall.

But they'll be there somewhere if I need them.

I learned a lot in a fast time yesterday. Was up till 1 AM trying things out!

~ Carrie

7. hewee

hewee

He hee I don't like Eye Candy because I have not really found any I like and I don't know how to use some of them.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/141588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice