1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I use rainmeter?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by computersarecool, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computersarecool

computersarecool Thread Starter

How do I make skinsand how can I download skins?

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  3. AtlBo

AtlBo

computersarecool...

He's moving so fast in the video. It would be impossible to keep up with him.

Find and download the Rainmeter program. Install it and run it. Right click on the system tray icon and move your mouse up to themes...a theme is a set of skins and this shows your saved themes. You can name and save any set up of skins as a theme. Using the themes menu selection, you can open any themes you have downloaded or any set ups you have saved as a theme. Near the themes menu entry, you will also see the menu entry for skins. It will show all your folders (In the Rainmeter folder) that contain skins and then you can expand the menu to see and select a skin so it will appear on the desktop. You can left click and hold on the skin to move it once it's on the desktop.

***Advanced stuff...skins are editable. You can change the width and color of meter bars on your PC meters and many other attributes of a skin, too. Don't worry about this for now. Just get used to what comes in Rainmeter to start with at first. MUCH later maybe you will find creating skins something enjoyable. The Rainmeter download site has a bulletin board where you might find some assistance for that later***

I highly recommend you download Omnimo 5.0 theme for Rainmeter. This is a Windows 8 knock off with some very cool tiles. There is one I use a ton for Microsoft Office that has all the programs on it. I supersized it and it lives over by my system tray. You can also make tiles using Omnimo. There is a Panel Creator tile in amongst all the meters, etc.

One thing about Omnimo if you use it. All the settings for the set up are accessed by clicking on a little white plus sign. If your desktop is white you won't be able to see it, so make sure you use a colored background. Omnimo's settings interface is amazing. Also, when you install Omnimo, I chose the Windows 8 New layout. There are 4 to choose from. This one has a pop out on the right side of the screen with beautiful weather and time screens.

Please let me know if you need any help. There are so many amazing themes, and I am sure you will have a number of questions about how to save a set up as a theme amongst others...

4. computersarecool

computersarecool Thread Starter

Ok, I will try that soon.

5. AtlBo

AtlBo

computersarecool...just post your questions here when you run up against anything, so we who have participated in your thread will get an e-mail notification about it...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice