How do I use thermal compound?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stormie2000

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100009

like this for example
Arctic Silver Ceramique Thermal Compound

Is this the same a paste? I hear its more better then the stock paste included in cpus. I just remove paste and add to heatsink to cpu only?. Its removeable by rubbing alcohol?.

Can I add this as well to other things, like another heatsink above another? My other mobo has a small heatsink, wonder if i can put another on it with fan to keep it cool.

Yes, you can use thermal paste on ANY heatsink- in fact you should, to give decent conductivity :)

Ah- just saw the HD bit- theres not really an area on the hd that will benefit from a cooler of this type, I believe. Better air flow is usually the best answer :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online