How do I utilize the administrator account?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pressing_on

I just started using XP Pro, and I have two accounts: 1) the built in administrator account, 2) my own personal account with admin privileges.

If I wanted to log-on using the "built in account for administration" how would I do that? When the log-on screen comes up, it only gives me the option of my personal account. Thanks.

God Bless,
David

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
You can put the administrator account on the Welcome screen with a little editing of the Registry. It has been posted on this forums several times. But at the logon screen press ctrl+alt+del twice and you will get the old 2K logon box. Type the username and password for administrator.

http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-09.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online