how do i!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ankit

like we have one computer right and there are diffrent users on that same computer me my brother and my uncle , if i dont want them to use some of the files that are on my log-in, how do i do that ??

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You install either W2K or XP, and use NTFS file system. Then you can set permissions on directories and files for each user if you like. Obviously, the other user can't be an administrator. :)

Ankit

can't i just right click on the program or sumting like if i have a game or sumthing on my log -in user right? and i dont want anyone to mess around with it is there a way i can do that by right clicking on the program or going into some file that i can check mark programs they can use and can't on other user names(log-in's) ?

Ankit

so if i have a music file right in my log-in and i dont want him to access it through his log-in how do i do that?, so when he logs in to his account he can't access the file and other nessesary things in my account?!or shall i say log-in !

in xp it may work in other windows not sure...
but put all the things you want hidden in one folder and when you do that right click in folder and select hidden
now to get to the folder you have to type its location in the navigation bar i.e. C:\ documents and settings\ankit\hiddin stuff

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts