How Do I............

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

groovey

Send a file through an email that is over 8mb, I tried to compress with winrar and its still too big. :eek:

Hulk701

Banned
Try sending via Winrar as a spanned archive. Use the help section of Winrar to guide you through the steps.

A spanned archive breaks it up into several parts. You can then send each part in a separate email.

BTW, what are you sending to send the email? dialup, dsl, BB..what???

The reason I ask is that each has a different attachment capacity

HULK! (y)

groovey

Hulk701 said:
Try sending via Winrar as a spanned archive. Use the help section of Winrar to guide you through the steps.

A spanned archive breaks it up into several parts. You can then send each part in a separate email.

BTW, what are you sending to send the email? dialup, dsl, BB..what???

The reason I ask is that each has a different attachment capacity

HULK! (y)
Nice avatar, (y) I though that movie The Hulk was done great considering it was a comic strip a lot better then the series with Lou Ferrigno. :rolleyes:

I am using cable I guess max is 8mb :confused:

Hulk701

Banned
:eek:
groovey said:
Nice avatar, (y) I though that movie The Hulk was done great considering it was a comic strip a lot better then the series with Lou Ferrigno. :rolleyes:
Thanks,

I had no great love for the Lou Ferigno version either. I got the nickname years later....for being a mild mannered person who was slow to anger. But once I did....WATCH OUT!!! :D

BTW, if you want to know how to span an archive
1) Open Winrar
2) Select Wizard on Classic Interface
3) Select Create New Archive
4) Make sure the destination of the archive you want is correct in the top window
5) Choose the file you want to archive
6) Click Okay and Next
7) If you want to select many files Select the first one then hold down the shift key and select the last one
8)Click Next and Okay
9) You will now be presented with a Wizard Archiving Options. Use this to decide how big you want your segments to be. Remember the smaller segments you have the more segments you will have. So a good idea would be to have all of them located in a New Folder on the desktop. See Step 4
10) Wait for the process to be done! (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online