1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How Do I.......

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lezabetha, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lezabetha

Lezabetha Thread Starter

First.......I found this site by looking for a way to remove MSN Messenger/net. Passport. Got the answer...Thank YOU!:) :D :eek: :cool:

Next, I am trying to get rid of all of the msn game zone files. They do not show up on my add/remove programs...grrr.:mad:

AND....With Windows XP, how do I prevent one of the users from using ANY online software?:confused:
    Thanks!

Lezabetha
    Georgia

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

For Messenger go to Control Panel>>Add/Remove Programs>>on the left-hand side you will see
    Add/Remove Windows Components click on that
    Go down the list until you see Windows Messenger
    Uncheck the Box and then click next and follow the prompts

3. Lezabetha

Lezabetha Thread Starter

Thanks Bonk...BTW.....I Love Superman!

How about the 2nd issue? Any ideas?

AND....new Issue....is it possible for me to password protect the account mgr...to keep other users from changing the passwords acct settings (admin vs limited) should I forget to log off?

Thanks!

Lezabetha

4. GripS

GripS

Simplest way to avoid casual unwanted use is to password protect your logon. Do not enable any auto-logon. When you leave your computer hit the windows key + the 'L' key to lock your system. You can also setup other users to have limited privileges. Password protecting your administrator account is key.

5. Lezabetha

Lezabetha Thread Starter

Thanks GripS! I must say....I feel like a kid in a candy store....I just tried it, and that was cool! :cool: ....not to mention it saves me time!:D

Any ideas about how to block online use for other users...how to remove browsers from specific user desktops..but not all? :confused: I am the admin, and my husband has a limited - so he does not mess anything up - and then there is the log-on for the children. I would rather them (just the children) not even have the possibility of getting online...that way there is no friction..or danger. BUT, I home-school, and the children need the computer to do their reports...practice typing....educational software.....learn programs....watch the cd's from the math teacher.......that kind of thing. But, because I need to get things done around the house, it is not possible for me to monitor them the whole time.:(

Thanks Everyone!

Lezabetha

6. bonk

bonk Banned

You can make group account and then make all the children members of that group account.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice