How do I?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

peneann

I have a floppy disc with important information on it from my old computer that had Windows 95. I have tried to access it with my new computer, Windows Me, but it wont let me it just says, "Works cannot open "A:\(name of file).WPW" The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converters or the file may be corrupt. I really do need the information on this disc. Can anyone please tell me how to access it? Thank you.

There are a couple of options you can try.
1.) Open or import the document within other programs then re-save or export it in various formats.
2.) Go to other computers of friends, coworkers, etc., open or import the document and save or export in various formats.
It's always good to have a variety of document programs available.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online