how do i

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nanney

how do i clean a laptop to the place where it was when it was bought brand new?

use the recovery disk that came with the laptop and do a system recovery... but you will lose all your data.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
how do i clean a laptop to the place where it was when it was bought brand new?
What's the "service tag number" on the case sticker?
(Assuming it's the Dell Inspiron 1150 in your computer specifications information)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Here is the Dell support and software site that's specific only to that laptop.

I highly suggest that you save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can refer to it when needed.

If all the device drivers don't get installed during the reinstall of Windows XP, you'll need to download the needed drivers from here and then install them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a particular reason why you want to revert that laptop back to its original May 2004 condition, complete with all the outdated and useless bloatware?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online