1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do partition a drive correctly???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bpsman, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpsman

bpsman Thread Starter

When you partition a hard drive and your intention is putting MS-DOS on one partition and win98 and XP on another. ( Three different partitions )
    You first need to make drive c: the dos partition and all of the boot information for the three operating systems will be automatically be installed on drive C correct?
    Then install wind 98 on drive D and XP on Drive E.

They all boot from c: Drive correct?

Or should I put Dos on D the actual OS.
    Then win98 on E and after that XP on F
    So I use c: for the boot only?
    Don't all OS put the boot information on Drive C?
    They all have there own boot information correct?

I should also partition the drive so that I have one ACTIVE partition ( Drive C) and then make the rest of the drive an extended partition make the logic drives for 98 and XP out of the logic drives correct?
    Or if I have to put dos on its own partition besides C it would be: D dos, E 98, f XP.
    c Active.
    D dos
    E win 98
    F XP
    Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice