How do you burn a dist just downloaded?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ultimate ?

Hi,
Stupid question alert!

I just completed downloading all 2 GB of Slackware 9.0 My question is how do I burn it all on CD-R's? What is the correct file order for each CD? I know it will take something like 4-5 CD's, just like the dist. as if you bought it off the shelves.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Are they ISO files? Not sure how that download turned out to be 2gb. The ISO file on Linuxiso.org is only 635mb. Where did you download yours from?

I would download the ISO file here:
http://www.linuxiso.org/distro.php?distro=17

And use Nero or EZ Cd creator to burn the ISO to a CD.

Ultimate ?

Hi, They are just the raw files I got from the slackware site, not an iso.

I just don't know how to seperate them into the proper CD-R's. What is the brakdown per CD?

Thanks!

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
I have no idea. I personally would download the ISO and burn it to cd. I would assume you downloaded the sources as well which you really dont need. If you have Broadband just download the ISO file and burn it with nero. Probably save you alot of time.

Ultimate ?

Ok, I'll just do that and get the iso's. Yeah, I just went and got the entire current version from Slackware's site and downloaded the whole shabang last night via FTP.

Thanks!

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
All you need is this file:
slackware-9.0-install.iso

And then burn it with Nero or whatever burning program you use that can burn ISO files. It is only 662mb. You basically downloaded 1.3gb's worth of stuff you didn't need.

:D lol
Sounds like you downloaded the whole Slackware ftp site.:p
Do what LwdSquashman suggests.
lynch

Ultimate ?

I went a little crazy..I just got DSL for the first time a few days ago so I went download happy I guess. 1 gig..? maybe 3 hours .. piece of cake, I can't believe what I have been missing all these years. Thanks guys.

Roo

rotfl hehe every now again you get some humour, there is good advice in this post and some hilarious comments like downloading the entire slack ftp keep up the good work guys this just made me giggle.

Regards
Roo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online