How do you change the .minecraft directory?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pikittochu

Okay, now I know this has been answered on the internet hundreds and hundreds of times; but I cannot seem to find one that just answers it with the answer I am looking for.

Keep in mind that I cannot:

1) Use batch files [due to administrator blocking them]
2) I cannot access the appdata or roaming folder [also blocked by the admin]
3) I already have a .minecraft folder on my flash drive [yet I can't get my program to load from it]

So, if there are any suggestions or information you can get for me; or even do for me, I would appreciate it.

I'm not asking much to be honest, I just wish there was a much faster and easier way to edit the exe program or something to place the .minecraft folder onto my flash drive and not into the %appdata% folder or anything.

So seriously, can someone give me some sort of help... cause otherwise, I can't even use any of my Minecraft mods or anything.

I can't even use texture packs because I cannot access the appdata folder nor the roaming folder.

[I don't own a computer, so I play Minecraft from the library; sadly, they have the folder I need to access BLOCKED]

Please... someone, if anyone... can you either help me figure this out, or edit my program for me; that way I can finally play the freaking thing with my mods, texture packs and more.s

[Minecraft 1.6.2]

Welcome to TSG! (y)

I do see the batch file in the video, are they blocked completely like from all sources or just from the library computer harddrive?
If you can run one off a USB then http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1519526-running-minecraft-from-a-usb-drive/
That looks like the entire game runs off USB.
So if you had all your mods and things on it you would have them on any computer you plug into.

Now without access to the library files, you would need to ask a friend to use their computer in order to copy the files you need. Sadly you would lose anything saved on the library computer, but once you have your USB, you can take it anywhere.

From what I can tell that is the only way. Unless someone can change the code in a custom .exe for you. Sadly I don't know how to do that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts