How do you completely remove Download Accelerator Plus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

merrigano

Help Please,
I've tried to remove DAP using the add/remove programs. It reckons it was uninstalled. However when I try to download any programs from the internet it still pops up and says DAP initialization error Press back etc. then I can't download any items.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Robert

merrigano

Thanks,
I've tried to go to the site but I get error 404. So I went to their webpage www.spywareinfo.com but failed to find DAP clean there. Any suggestions????
Rgards Robert

DapClean is the third download

Download Adaware 5.71 build 2.899 and current reference file.

Download reference file 106-14.04.2002.

Download DAP Clean. This link didn't work for me.
Personally I prefer to manually remove entries from the registry rather than d\l programs to do it.....Always before I go to add\remove I check to see if the program has it's own uninstall utility.

Help Please,
I've tried to remove DAP using the add/remove programs. It reckons it was uninstalled. However when I try to download any programs from the internet it still pops up and says DAP initialization error Press back etc. then I can't download any items.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
siddharth

MysticEyes

Banned
siddharthhim said:
Help Please,
Regards
siddharth
To try to fix this reinstall the DAP program and then go to options and uncheck "Make DAP my Default Download Manager". A warning box will state that DAP is no longer the default downloader. Now try the uninstall program again.

If that doesn't work and you need to download something install Firefox as a temporary solution for downloading. See this post:

http://xona.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online