How do you get SSL enable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

billj101

We recently installed Netscape 8.1.3 in a Window 2000 envirment, we have not been able to get into our Bank since then the error is listed as such ( You cannot conect to www.cibconline.cibc.com because SSL is disabled) My question is how do I enable it, it worked perfectly in 7.xx billj Thanks in advance.

go to tools>options>advanced>security and make sure use ssl 2.0 and 3.0 and tls is checked off

billj101

cgesicki said:
go to tools>options>advanced>security and make sure use ssl 2.0 and 3.0 and tls is checked off
They are all checked on makes no difference

check your Firewall/Network Configuration. Make sure that the SSL port (port 443) is open

DoubleHelix

Banned
If your banking site is the only problem, I'd say the site simply doesn't support Netscape.

billj101

Yes it is a D-Link 4 port Ethernet Broadband DI-604 Router.

The win xp works fine it's the win 2000 that the encripion doesn't work on.billj

billj101 said:
Yes it is a D-Link 4 port Ethernet Broadband DI-604 Router.

The win xp works fine it's the win 2000 that the encripion doesn't work on.billj

I have had this problem with one PC and the others on the same router worked fine. Backup the configuration of your router then reset it to factory defaults. If it works then restore the router back to your configuration and it will probably sill work. You will need to power off the PC and restart each time you change the router setup.

billj101

cgesicki said:
Have u tried another web browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox?
Thanks everyone for trying too help me, but I think I will try one of your member suggestion and try out firefox, Ill let you know how I make out. Thanks again,billj

billj101

billj101 said:
Thanks everyone for trying too help me, but I think I will try one of your member suggestion and try out firefox, Ill let you know how I make out. Thanks again,billj
Firefox not working as I thought it would can't get passwords and user saving to work right I guess Netscape has spoiled me. Ill keep on trying a bit morebillj

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online