1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do you get SSL enable

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by billj101, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. billj101

billj101 Thread Starter

We recently installed Netscape 8.1.3 in a Window 2000 envirment, we have not been able to get into our Bank since then the error is listed as such ( You cannot conect to www.cibconline.cibc.com because SSL is disabled) My question is how do I enable it, it worked perfectly in 7.xx billj Thanks in advance.

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

go to tools>options>advanced>security and make sure use ssl 2.0 and 3.0 and tls is checked off

3. billj101

billj101 Thread Starter

They are all checked on makes no difference

4. cgesicki

cgesicki

check your Firewall/Network Configuration. Make sure that the SSL port (port 443) is open

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If your banking site is the only problem, I'd say the site simply doesn't support Netscape.

6. TOYMAN1952

TOYMAN1952

Are you using a router?

7. billj101

billj101 Thread Starter

Yes it is a D-Link 4 port Ethernet Broadband DI-604 Router.

The win xp works fine it's the win 2000 that the encripion doesn't work on.billj

8. billj101

billj101 Thread Starter

Not sure how you would do that.billj

9. cgesicki

cgesicki

Have u tried another web browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox?

10. TOYMAN1952

TOYMAN1952

I have had this problem with one PC and the others on the same router worked fine. Backup the configuration of your router then reset it to factory defaults. If it works then restore the router back to your configuration and it will probably sill work. You will need to power off the PC and restart each time you change the router setup.

11. billj101

billj101 Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for trying too help me, but I think I will try one of your member suggestion and try out firefox, Ill let you know how I make out. Thanks again,billj

12. billj101

billj101 Thread Starter

Firefox not working as I thought it would can't get passwords and user saving to work right I guess Netscape has spoiled me. Ill keep on trying a bit morebillj

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice