1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do you get your computer back....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jrunyon, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrunyon

jrunyon Thread Starter

to the way it was when you first got it. I'm giving my parents my old computer and I want to clean it out and get it back to the way it was.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

What brand and model . . the process is different for different brand pc's

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The only way to get it back to its original factory condition is to run the recovery/restore CD that came with it. My guess is that you no longer have it. Even if you did, why would you want to revert that computer back to a very outdated condition?

What version of Windows is currently installed in it? Do you have a fully-bootable startup floppy disk and an actual Windows CD so you can format the hard drive and do a fresh install of Windows? I'm assuming at this point that you have a version older than XP(i.e. 98, 98SE, ME) currently installed in it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!