1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How Do You Greet People During The Holidays?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Hulk701, Dec 23, 2004.

?

What Do You Say During the Holidays?

1. Merry Christmas

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Happy Holidays

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Something Else

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Nothing at all....

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Advertisement
  1. Hulk701

Hulk701 Banned Thread Starter

Hey Gang,

There's been a lot of discussion lately about whether we should greet people Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.

What do you think. Is Christmas becoming 'politically correct.' Are we becoming overly sensitive to problems that don't exist?

Or is Happy Holidays a way of including everybody in the season so nobody is left out?

What do you think?

You can only vote once in this poll... :D

2. hewee

hewee

Say why is in your heart and not what others say.

Merry Christmas

3. Big-K

Big-K

I just say what I normally say. I dont act special because of the holidays, although I think that whole 'say happy holidays because others feel left out' thing is complete bull ****.

4. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

I say Happy Holidays because it covers all of them including New Years.

Happy Holidays!

5. ezymony

ezymony

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year i love this time of year it bring out the best in people. Even old people with a bad attitude like me..lol

6. Raeli

Raeli

I'm one of those others that some people are trying to include, and I mostly think it's silly.

I figure that no matter what holiday greeting I get, the greeter is trying to be nice and I return the greeting I get.

It works for me. (y)

7. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

I say Merry Christmas! :)

Big-K: In your post #3...you know the TSG rules by now about trying to get past the censor! (n)

8. LuckyStrike

LuckyStrike

What's wrong with Bull oney? :) ****=oney

9. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

I dress in black and assume an angry demeanor. Hopefully, this makes all people I don't know (and don't want to talk to) avoid me. If they actually come up to me, I start with the sarcasm and assholery. That usually drives them off. If all else fails, I just walk away.

angel, please try something for me......type every single swear word you can think of, then hit 'Submit Reply'; see what comes up. I think if you do, you will realize Big-K did NOT in fact try to get around the censor, but he just typed the word as if there WAS no censor. ;)

10. XL Guru

XL Guru

>> Uncivilized and offensive language (especially cursing of any sort)

Angel, it's my belief this varies from one country/culture to another. There's a particular word I'm not sure on ; perhaps you could send me a list of words that Statesiders consider verboten. :eek:

NB: this isn't just a request to talk dirty to me. :D

Rgds,
    Andy

11. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

Wanking chav! ;)

12. Hulk701

Hulk701 Banned Thread Starter

....hmmmmm..

I seem to be missing some'in.. :rolleyes:

I thought he was just trying to get more stars from the teacher... :eek:

13. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy Servant

How about trying this for me...

If you don't have anything nice/good to say don't post

buck

14. Big-K

Big-K

I wasnt attempting to get past the censors. I wasn't sure if putting the two words together would be censored, and therefore get me accused of trying to get around the censors, like you just did.

15. valley

valley

Jimmy, you singled me out in civideb for my rude post aimed at Mulder...saying that it was out of character for me, acting surprised that I would behave in such a way. Yet this is how you characterize yourself towards people who come up to you to greet you? :confused: How on earth can you take the high road with how I act when you admit that you are intentionally rude to people? Seems like you really werent offended by how I was behaving but were just looking for a reason, any reason, to make me feel bad.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/311088