how do you install a hotfix?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bj nick

Sorry to be ignorant here, but I do not understand Microsoft's instructions as to how to install a hotfix. I downloaded the hotfix to take care of the constantly-recurring error message on Powerpoint that I get saying "the office assistant needs to be installed," etc, etc. I have windows 7 and it's powerpoint from Office XP Suite. The apps otherwise work perfectly.

Anyway, I downloaded the appropriate hotfix (it's what they told me I need to do to solve this issue), but all I seem to get is the hotfix text doc. The instructions in it are:

"If this hotfix was delivered with hfx.exe then it can be installed by running
hfx.exe from the appropriate platform directory."

Can someone tell me what to do with this?

From the file that you downloaded, did you see the hfx.exe or all you receive is just documents?

bj nick

All I get is the little text document. I've searched for anything else (such as hfx.exe) but to no avail. I've downloaded it several times just in case...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online