How do you make a LAN and a WAN go together?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computer_pet

I have LAN, established in my home connecing three computers a XP,2000, and 98. This is done by using a ADSL Router. Except I have another computer two far away from the Router (even though there are long blue cables, I don't like the look of them). I also have a laptop i would like to connect to the network. I was looking at a computer magazine and it had a few products. If I wanted to keep my network, and install a Wireless LAN PCI Adapter the computer and a Wirless LAN PCMCIA adapter in the laptop. I think that links the two together. But how do link it to the router, so I can share Internet, and the already made network.

Any help?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You can pick up a PCMCIA wireless adapter or an external Ethernet or USB connected wireless adapter for your laptop. The external ones have a longer range, but they're less convenient. You then need a WAP (Wireless Access Point) to connect to your ADSL router in any available Ethernet connection. Configure them and you're talking. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online