1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do you move memory from one drive to another?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hoobastank-1, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hoobastank-1

hoobastank-1 Thread Starter

my computer has windows ME and recently it crashed and for some strange reason the memory moved from the main drive to other. my question is how do i move the memory back to the main drive, the way it use to be? I need the memory in the main drive so i could up load programs like microsoft to allow me to do homework.

thanks.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Physical memory, ram, is not something you move from one drive to the other.

Virtual memory, which uses the available space on the hard drive or partition is another matter.

The location for this can be chosen by right clicking on My Computer and selecting:

Properties > Performance > Virtual Memory.

On this page you can select a different drive for Windows to use if you want. Typically it is the c:\drive, but you can point it to another. There will be a drop down menu choice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/184285