How do you not get constant sports headlines from one app?

bj nick

ESPN can be annoying and lately on Chrome it seems to be all I get. Can I stop getting stories from particular apps? I'm baseball fan (fan of one particular team) so it's being tailored to me, which is fine, so I've prefer a different news source.

bj nick

Thanks, I know all of that already. Is there no way to stop getting constant updates and stories from them specifically?

bj nick

Thanks very much for sending that, I cannot figure out how to get to notifications. I click on "more," then settings" and it will not take me to that even with "privacy and suggestions." This is Android, Samsung S9 Plus. If you can walk me through that that would be great.

Load the Google Chrome browser on your Android, Samsung S9 Plus.

Tap the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the browser.

Scroll down and tap Settings.

Scroll down and tap Notifications.

You can now toggle whatever you like in there On of Off.

bj nick

I don't seem to be able references from any site-specific content from a particular sports network.....what I'd like to see is the sports outlet along with an option for me to unselect their stories, or unsubscribe, etc. As I say, lots of those turn up from that network in my feed. However I was also to try a couple things you suggested so we'll see how it works going forward. Thanks for your help.

bj nick

Okay, I got to settings, notifications, and see no option at all to tell Chrome to stop sending all the ESPN sports stories. Seems like there should be a simple preference choice......such as being able to toggle off ESPN. How do I do this??

If ESPN is there, it would be listed under "SITES". Then to the right it would be as little Slider button. Slide it to the right for On (allow notifications) or left for Off (do NOT allow notifications from this site).

Looks a lot different from mine.

1621103713863.png

Anyway, what happens on yours if you tap on ESPN? If nothing, what happens if you click Clear & Reset?

bj nick

Sorry haven't responded; appreciate you getting back to me. I will get on this again next week; THANK YOU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online