1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do you remove all traces of AOL?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Chuck2, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chuck2

Chuck2 Thread Starter

A friend has had AOL and now has MSN. I went thru the add/remove AOL but there are 4126 AOL items left on the file system. I can remove them but am afraid of compromising the other software programs. I intend to install Windows 98 SE or Windows ME, but a format is the last resort. After removing the files, I thing Regclean will clean up the registery. Any suggestions or advice? I have done a search on removing AOL and nothing outstanding beyond format or add/remove.

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

3. Chuck2

Chuck2 Thread Starter

Thanks Buckaroo, I found the site very good and now have a plan of action. I will find all files and folders (4126) highlight them and delete. Then I will run a regcleaner and install Windows 98SE. Will post after the event. Later this week.

4. buckaroo

buckaroo

Good deal. (y) Lot's of useful information on Frank's site. Highly recommended.

:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!