How do you route everything through one system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Septerra

Hey,

I have a little issue here. I have 2k3 AD box with 2 nic's, and another 2k3 machine (standalone).

There is no DHCP on this small network cause I wanna do static IPs first. I have a router sitting b/w the outside and the 2K3 AD, then I have a internal switch where there connects the 2k3 AD to the standalone 2k3.

What I want to do is to make the standalone 2k3 route through the 2k3AD for internet access.

I've kinda hit a wall.

Nic 1 of the 2k3 AD has an IP address of 172.16.0.33, and NIC 2 is 192.168.31.10.
S/M for Nic 1 is 255.255.255.224, and the internal one is 255.255.255.0.

The standalone 2k3 machine is 192.168.31.11 and the default gateway is set to 192.168.31.10.

Now I can ping from network to network not and issue, 2k3 AD can access internet, but the standalone 2k3 is at a standstill with net access.

Anyone point me in the right direction on how to get this working?

Septerra

Nevermind, I solved my own issue :) I just had to turn on RRAS and do NAT. Now it works like a charm.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online