How do you shut down + logout and switch users

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OM2

How do you shut down Windows 10?

Me: I hit Windows + D - this minimises all windows, then press Alt+F4

Just wondering if this was the quickest way?
Any other ways?
I'd prefer keyboard shortcut

And... what's the best way to logout and switch user?
Currently this is what I do: Windows Key + D, hit the letter S twice (to select Sign Out), then press Enter

Is there a better quicker way?

Thanks.

Triple6

Rob
If you click on the Start Menu, along the right side of it you have log off, switch users, and shutdown/restart options. But using a keyboard that's not really easier, using a mouse that's probably the fastest way.

OM2

@Triple6 keyboard is much much faster :)
I just find it annoying... I wanted to shave a split second off the time. LOL

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
But does it close all programs before shutting down?

OM2

But does it close all programs before shutting down?
yes of course
try it
time yourself as well

if any apps are unsaved, then they stop and u get a message asking if u want to force close regardless

Triple6

Rob
I guess it could be quicker with a few keyboard commands but I personally like to close all my programs instead of letting Windows force close them. I'm never in such as hurry to shutdown I guess.

If you weren't opposed to using a mouse you could pin a batch/script to the task bar that you could just single click to shutdown Windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online