1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do you stop the sound ???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Markinhos1978, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Markinhos1978

Markinhos1978 Thread Starter

Hi Folks.......for some time now whenever I use MSN or I click on certain websites I get this stupid raindrop sound. Does anyone have any ideas how to disable this ridiculous sound ? It drives me insane esp if I`m listening to Music and this stupid sound interrupts it.

Cheers,

Mark

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    tools
    options
    alerts and sounds
    untick all the sound items

3. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

I don't use the msn explorer because i have seen how much it can slow a pc down due to it's resource hoging processes and very unsecure browsing. most spyware is auto installed instead of a warning window.

anyway. you may have to look through the options of the browser and look for it's sound settings and you should be able to disable those sounds.

if not, you can always download and install firefox which is much faster and safer, and no extra crap and it blocks all popups and banner ads and other form of ads from all websites and then it reshapes the site to look like the ads were never there.

firefox http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

and the adblock plugin for it http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2241e/tips/id1.html faster and saver and it has no sound effects or anything else that can degrade performance.

4. Markinhos1978

Markinhos1978 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help guys much appreciated, gonan give both options a try now !

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if that all works then

(y)
    Would you now mark this thread solved - which you have the power to do from your first post.
    goto
    Tick - Mark Solved

Thanks (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice