1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do you turn off Avira Antivirus?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by 2odd, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2odd

2odd Thread Starter

Jun 7, 2006
    I just downloaded and installed the free Avira antivirus software. Well after leaving it on and playing tf2, I realized its hogging too many resources, and lagging me down. So I want to turn it off to play tf2, but I cant seem to find anyway to exit the program! Sounds funny but its true! Shouldnt it have like an exit option when you right click it on the bottom right? Or at least some way to turn the dang thing off?
  2. Smartguy01

Oct 15, 2008
    You could try terminating the Avira processes with Task Manager. I have the same problem with my Eset Smart Security BE, but I just terminate his process. Those antivir. programs are good, because if you got infected, then nothing can terminate your antivir.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/763096