How do you turn off Windows 8 photo viewer auto-rotation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bethnalgreen

Can anyone advise how do you turn off Windows 8 photo viewer auto-rotation?

If no solution, a suitable alternative for viewing folders of photos that doesn't auto-rotate?

Thanks.

John

TerryNet

Terry
Are you talking about the (desktop) Windows Photo Viewer or the (Modern UI) Photo App?

bethnalgreen

HI

I'm referring to the desktop classic version of Windows Explorer, when viewing a folder full of photos. In earlier versions, you could see which photos needed rotating. In Windows 8, it rotates them (just for viewing) for you, which is all very well, except when you load up photos to a web site which doesn't auto rotate - they appear at 90 degrees. I would normally have rotated these manually before uploading.

I want complete control of this, and need to switch it off.

Thanks.

TerryNet

Terry
The default Windows 8 File Explorer does not auto-rotate (at least it doesn't for me). That may not help you if the classic version of Windows Explorer is replacing File Explorer as part of a whole "classic" package.

bethnalgreen

Thanks, but yes, the classic Explorer does auto-rotate. I don't know what goes on under the covers in terms of the packaging - but I never use the Windows 8 "new" desktop.

TerryNet

Terry
but I never use the Windows 8 "new" desktop.
The only non-cosmetic difference between the Windows 7 and Windows 8 desktops are the Start Orb or lack thereof. See my tutorial (sticky thread at beginning of this forum) for suggestions on how to get by w/o a Start menu.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online