1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How Do You West Coast People Feel About the Missile News?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by angelize56, Feb 12, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

Does this breaking news bring any fear to you? Do you just pooh pooh it? If I lived on the West Coast I'd be a little worried I admit! Take care. angel

MSNBC Breaking News
    -- North Korea has untested ballistic missile capable of reaching the U.S. West Coast, CIA director George Tenet says.~

2. angelize56

They have one or two plutonium based devices and yes they can reach the US! EEK!

3. SexyTech

SexyTech

Angel...

Here in San Diego, we know we are a primary target and have been for years!

We have the largest Navy/Marine contingent on the west coast, the busiest Border crossing in the US, and a very large population of High Tech industry!

I'm not really worried about it, I mean hey, as soon as Korea would launch a nuke, the counter-strike would be on the way to totally level them! Besides...the US Does have some strategic defense stuff that the public don't know about!

4. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

And ... there are no winners :(

5. deh

deh

Good thing the article says "untested", in other words "No they haven't actually fired a missile at California yet" or "Well they tried yesterday and fell short by a few hundered miles". ;)

6. columbo

columbo

The United States has spent (and continues to spend) an unprecedented amount of money on national defense....."some strategic defense stuff that the public doesn't know about" is probably the understatement of the year ;) Plus, the stuff that the public knows about it is really just PR.....any serious defense/attack contingency plans would be kept secret as a matter of national security (you're not going to tell a burglar the best way to rob your house, right?)

I shudder to think how the Canadian gov. would react if we were ever attacked (and not just used by terror organizations as a place to hang out before trying to sneak across the border). I imagine that the instant the attack was over, our Liberal politicians would scramble to get on TV and in the newspapers to tell us that it's really our fault, and that if we weren't so arrogant, this never would've happened. :eek:

Sorry.....I digress.....thats another topic for another day.

7. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

The west coast? Seems that we should all take notice, including our neighbors to the north.

8. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Based on the thread topic, I'd say that amount is warranted.

9. angelize56

CF: Your form of PR always makes me feel so much better! :) Thanks. Take care. angel

.....oh no....where's the nearest bomb shelter...be sure to check that out later today....:D

10. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

I'm just glad we got that missle defense program to......uh........oh.......wait........

;)

11. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

Angel, if I really thought they would "let one loose" I would not be so casual in the comment. I think you should be more worried about falling icicles right about now...speaking of which, how is the weather in the frozen tundra these days ;)

12. angelize56

I know that CF! :D I was kidding about the bomb shelter...but you never know!

We had 4 inches of snow overnight and wind gusts to 50 mph! Cold today with -10 to -20 wind chills. No falling icicles yet! :) Looking forward to spring. :)

Take care. angel :)

13. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

Yeah, cold here too, only getting about 60 F. Guess I'll have to wear my jacket again :mad:

oohhhh.....I'm gonna get it for that one. ;)

14. angelize56

CF: :p :p :mad: :p :p :D

Hmfttt! :rolleyes: Enjoy your warmth! :) Braggart! :)

Take care. angel :)

15. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice