1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How does one open an AOL attachment

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gcivello, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gcivello

gcivello Thread Starter

Recently, I sent some family photos to my aunt who is at the other end of the country (USA). She's in her 70's and even less computer savvy then myself (poor aunt!). Well auntie has asked me to explain to her how she can view the photos. Problem is, I use Outlook Express; I have no idea how to open an AOL attachment/photo. Can someone here at Tech Support Guy please explain to me (as simply as possible) how to make the photo viewable, so that I can explain it to her. Thanks!

Glenn

2. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

Glenn: If you have ATTACHED the picture & if OE works the same as AOL .... When your Grandma reads your mail there will be an option/button to click on that says DOWNLOAD .... Have her click on that & the picture will download into the AOL\DOWNLOAD directory .... but as it is doing so, she will be able to view the picture as it downloads from 0 to 100%.

Please advise if you need additional info!

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

here's a couple of screen shots (i use an old aol4 version - as cable backup - newer ones will look similar but take forever to download :) )

the top is the email message (blacked out as necessary),
    you'll see a file reference and an approx download time
    and at the bottom that there are 2 download options, now/later

click now and you get the second screen which you (or auntie) can click to not show up again

click yes and it downloads

btw - i usually throw pics onto webspace - either personal space or on a free web space provider like one of these - saves the wear and tear on rellies who aren't on the net all the time, then they can just click the url to see the pics

OT: JH above - like the jackson browne quote - now i'll be humming it all day LOL

Attached Files:

• aol.jpg
      aol.jpg
      File size:
      90 KB
      Views:
  4. gcivello

gcivello Thread Starter

Thanks JH and JB for your help. I sent the info to my aunt and await her reply. I told her to explain what did after she hit the download button. My guess is that she doesn't know how to find the file once she has saved it. But why she didn't see the photo before attempting to save it is anyone's guess. I'll have to wait and see what she has to say; then, I'll get back to you-2 so you will know how things turned out. Thanks very much.

Glenn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63226

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice