1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How does Word 2016 compare to 2013

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kramerica, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kramerica

kramerica Thread Starter

Hi all

I am 'Mega-mad' with Microsoft, and everyone posting 'so-called' informative pages onto the web, because as the title here will suggest, nowhere is there a site detailing the comparison in Word 2013/16 which I am wanting to read up on.

I have a big Word 2013 document which randomly crashes (I understand this can't be helped and was no big deal the first few times); but every Word user will agree that crashes at one point become infuriating. I am highly curious to know if I go ahead and upgrade to Office 2016, will Word continue to crash at the same rate and is crashing even addressed by Microsoft.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It would help if you were to post the system spec's and size of this Word file?
    Also are there a lot of graphics in the Word file?

3. kramerica

kramerica Thread Starter

Hi Dave

You probably hit the nail right on the head - this document is enormous with a few graphics.
    (I never new graphics could be the culprit).

Consider this query solved everyone.

Thanks Dave.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    To help, I always use images in the 100-300 kb in size when using them in any Word or Power Point files.
    There is NO need is anything much larger unless you have a SUPER large format printer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice