1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how exploit a website is

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by hakamaka22, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hakamaka22

hakamaka22 Thread Starter

Advance happy new year to everyone! :)

I would like to ask if how exploit/vulnerable a website is from hacking and for someone to manipulate a data.

and what are the ways to keep it clean and safe.

thanks for the information

2. hakamaka22

hakamaka22 Thread Starter

3. ehymel

ehymel

The link you provided is not a wordpress script. It's a script that you install and it runs on a linux-based server.

I've not read through the install script nor the actual ddos script that your link installs, but you should of course be careful about blindly installing these things if you don't know what they are doing or how they work. If you can install from a trusted source, for example the core repository for your flavor of linux, then you can have more reassurance that it is safe to use.

4. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

Security depends entirely on the server and the various softwares/scripts in use. It involves more than adding more software and plugins. A huge chunk of my web admin time is spent on security, monitoring, etc -- and not as much times as I would like on the content of the sites themselves.

Not enough info to give any advice.

5. DrP

DrP

I've recently read 'Essential PHP Security by Chris Shiflett' and believe my code will be a lot more secure because of it. Would defintely recommend learning to code properly using whatever language you go for and it seems avoiding shared hosting and lesser-quality hosting providers is a big thing, too.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice