How far back will xp system restore take me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chuckycheeze

Good afternoon everyone ,
I wonder if I create a xp system restore point every week or every day or once a month
I wonder how far back in time I can get system restore to go back .
can I go back six months if I create a system restore every month for six months .
In Norton go back I could only go back about five days , I do not have it anymore on my pc
And the last time I used system restore I was able to go back two weeks , I wonder if thats the limit ??
But I did accidently reset my restore point space from the maximum 1024 mb to the minimum 30 mb so I am thinking maybe thats the reason I could only go back two weeks ..
Thanks in advance

If you manually create restore points, and you allot plenty of HD space for them, you can go back pretty far.

chuckycheeze

Ok thanks
I always allow the maximum , I think its 1024 mbs over one gig
Do you think it will go back a month or more ?

You can definitely go back well over a month, if you have a large enough storage space, The time you go back to varies, according to how many points are created. If you do a lot of updates/installations during a period, your space can disappear pretty quickly. My system at work, where I have very little in the way of changes, currently goes back 4 months, and the storage space is only 4297MB. my storage at home is a lot larger (some 70,000MB), but only goes back 3 months, because I do a lot more things at home that trigger restore point creation. Some programs can produce a restore point every time you run them. (Example: Spybot can be set to do a restore point every time it removes something).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online