1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How have you changed your asset allocation recently?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by BanditFlyer, Oct 13, 2008.

Advertisement
  1. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer Thread Starter

I'm starting two of these threads, one in random and one in civ-deb. There are people who post in only one of those two sections of the forum and I think their input is too valuable to ignore by posting this thread in only one section.

How are you handling the current state of the markets? How have you adjusted your asset allocation?

My idea of asset allocation before Friday the 10th was to sock it under a pillow - fault the communist upbringing. But Friday was a pretty convincing buying opportunity, so I've decided to make some changes in my 401K.

2. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Not much action in this forum either.
    Good topic, though.

Perhaps those that you are trying to reach have gotten lost in the lemming stampede to sell, sell and sell some more....... and are too embarrassed to comment?....:D

3. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

We've been considering getting into the stock market now while things are down, because some of the stocks we wanted to get into are finally getting low enough that we can afford them. Our biggest thing is trying to figure out which stocks (of the ones we wanted) are ones that we still want...

My hubby has been changing his 401K around also...I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not, but at least we have time to make up the lost ground.

I don't know, I'd be interested in learning more about the stock market if someone would be willing to teach me. I've taken college classes on this sort of thing, but they don't really get into enough detail--but then, maybe some of it's just instinct and you have to just kind of figure out what works for you. I really don't know.

4. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer Thread Starter

Here's a post by Stoner from the other thread about the education end of it:
    I found it valuable so I thought I'd post it here in case you hadn't read it.

5. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

Thanks! Heading to that thread now! (y) :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice