1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How hot does the inside of a car get on a 80 degree day?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by indianshaft, May 9, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. indianshaft

indianshaft Thread Starter

Basically thats my question just wondering cause I left these cds in my car today and was wondering if they got ruined I'm thinking like 100 plus degrees but it makes me woner caue I leave music cds in cars all the tie and they still usually play but someitmes they do get ruined. Thanks in advance.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I would venture to say that it would depend on whether they are left in direct sunlight or not.....

3. Perfesser

Perfesser

Depends on a lot of factors: parked in the sun, parked in an asphalt lot, color of the car, etc..
    I used to keep a thermometer stuck in the AC vent in a company truck and my black Continental and I've seen 130 F several times in both vehicles!
    Short answer - don't leave CD's, cassette tapes OR a digital camera in a car (ruined the MB in a Kodak and it cost $140 to fix).

4. ~Candy~

Whatever you do, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PET.....

5. bigk

bigk

or people....

6. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    On a warm, sunny day windows collect light, trapping heat inside the vehicle, and pushing the temperature inside to dangerous levels. On an 85-degree Fahrenheit day, for example, the temperature inside a car with the windows opened slightly can reach 102 degrees within ten minutes. After 30 minutes, the temperature will reach 120 degrees. At 110 degrees, pets are in danger of heatstroke. On hot and humid days, the temperature in a car parked in direct sunlight can rise more than 30 degrees per minute, and quickly become lethal.

Link... http://www.cabq.gov/pets/weather.html

7. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Depends which person :eek: :D

8. ~Candy~

EXACTLY what I was thinking :p

9. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I have someone in mind today who needs roasting lol

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!