how hot is to hot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Hotter'n hell according to this:

http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

95 centigrade = 203 farenheit

But:

Please note that the 'Max. Case Temp.' is the maximum temperature allowable as measured on the exterior of the processor package in the middle directly above the chip die (under the heatsink). It is not the maximum internal ambient temperature of the system enclosure. The term 'case' refers to the processor's package, not the system case.

wow... 95 C seems too good to be true. most chips fry by then.

95c on the chip die surface, not heatsink. I wouldn't let it go over 55 or 60 C in extreme conditions.

my two cents

I have a question for you, Brain... my P4 1.5 Ghz has lately been at 60c very often and starts to drag and lock up, just after 10 min or so doing simple tasks. Is this normal at 60c? What was the name of that site that sold those super-cooler air conditioner things? Are those worth it?

thanks, I will try those sites. I remember finding a good one before but didn't order anything yet and forget the name of the site, and it must be out of my page history by now. Say brian... go look out your window, are you getting this? Sorry to barge in on this thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online