How hot should I let my gaming laptop get?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VictorBrowne

I use my asus rog gl552 to play mostly ps3 games (sleeping dogs, bioshock, skyrim, etc). I enjoyably play these games on their lowest settings but find that the fan area of my laptop still becomes quite hot. Last week I asked this site if I would be able to play a more demanding game such as assassin's creed unity and the answer was yes (on medium settings). Why would I be recommended a more demanding game on higher settings when my laptop already gets pretty hot with lesser games on lower settings? Am I overreacting to the heat? Is there something I can do to cool my laptop while I game?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16252 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953092 MB, Free - 769677 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., GL552VW

thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The ASUS ROG 552 laptop appears to come with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

There were some articles recently about Windows 10 causing overheating in some laptops, so it's possible that yours is having that problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online