1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How hot should I let my gaming laptop get?

Discussion in 'Games' started by VictorBrowne, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VictorBrowne

VictorBrowne Thread Starter

I use my asus rog gl552 to play mostly ps3 games (sleeping dogs, bioshock, skyrim, etc). I enjoyably play these games on their lowest settings but find that the fan area of my laptop still becomes quite hot. Last week I asked this site if I would be able to play a more demanding game such as assassin's creed unity and the answer was yes (on medium settings). Why would I be recommended a more demanding game on higher settings when my laptop already gets pretty hot with lesser games on lower settings? Am I overreacting to the heat? Is there something I can do to cool my laptop while I game?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16252 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953092 MB, Free - 769677 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., GL552VW

thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The ASUS ROG 552 laptop appears to come with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

There were some articles recently about Windows 10 causing overheating in some laptops, so it's possible that yours is having that problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1176560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice