How hot should my e6750 run?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

minigunn

So on my latest build I put in a e6750. It seems to run at around 40-45 C for heat - shouldn't it be running a little cooler? It just has the stock cooler, and is not overclocked.
What temps should I be seeing here?
Thanks,
mini

The built-in temperature sensors are just a rough guide, allow +/- 10°C.

The temp of the CPU is also directly related to the room temp.

crjdriver

There are a number of variables involved with cpu temp; ambient temp as mentioned by kiwi, type of case, how much stuff impedes case airflow, etc, etc.
Is that temp from the bios or is it from a monitoring app like speedfan?

Next modern os like vista have support for eist tech [enhanced intel speed step] It lowers vcore and speed when possible. This keeps temps down pretty low. I have a 6850 in an antec p180 case. Right now it is running @29C.

The thermal specification for an E6750 is 72C. 40-45C (if the temperature is accurate) is OK for that processor with a stock cooler. I can normally get a PCG 06 rated processor such as the E6750 to run around 37-39C at idle with the stock cooler in a thermally advantaged chassis.

minigunn

OK - sounds like I am within the range then. I'm using asus - probe to get the readings, and "speedfan" to verify them. Are there better products for this?
Mini

crjdriver

No, those are about the best. Make sure you have the latest version of asus probe.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online