1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How hot should my e6750 run?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by minigunn, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. minigunn

minigunn Thread Starter

So on my latest build I put in a e6750. It seems to run at around 40-45 C for heat - shouldn't it be running a little cooler? It just has the stock cooler, and is not overclocked.
    What temps should I be seeing here?
    Thanks,
    mini

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The built-in temperature sensors are just a rough guide, allow +/- 10°C.

The temp of the CPU is also directly related to the room temp.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

There are a number of variables involved with cpu temp; ambient temp as mentioned by kiwi, type of case, how much stuff impedes case airflow, etc, etc.
    Is that temp from the bios or is it from a monitoring app like speedfan?

Next modern os like vista have support for eist tech [enhanced intel speed step] It lowers vcore and speed when possible. This keeps temps down pretty low. I have a 6850 in an antec p180 case. Right now it is running @29C.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

The thermal specification for an E6750 is 72C. 40-45C (if the temperature is accurate) is OK for that processor with a stock cooler. I can normally get a PCG 06 rated processor such as the E6750 to run around 37-39C at idle with the stock cooler in a thermally advantaged chassis.

5. minigunn

minigunn Thread Starter

OK - sounds like I am within the range then. I'm using asus - probe to get the readings, and "speedfan" to verify them. Are there better products for this?
    Mini

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No, those are about the best. Make sure you have the latest version of asus probe.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice