How is this done?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

digital_stor

Hello

It seems that my broadband distributor recently has started to control what the user downloads... Why I think so is because I have a 10 Mbit connection that works perfectly if I'm using FTP and downloading other files/updates from the web. If I use for example DC+ it starts to download in a high speed then it decreases to 2-6 kb and it happens everytime. When I have tested this I know that the one I download from also has a 10 Mbit... So my question is..how can the distributor know which program that are used to download files. When u create a peer connection which information about the users are sent?

Would really be glad if anyone could explain this

Thanks /D_S

Are you on cable, DSL or other. I really doubt you have a full 10Mbit or byte connection. I bet if you tried to download any large file you would see the same results.

digital_stor

I have "about" 10Mb and I am having xDSL. I have made tests with logprograms that controls which speed you can download and uppload and I get 8Mb downstream and 1-2 Mb upstream. And if I for example download an update for a program from a site (about 5 Mb) it takes a few seconds.

I realy dont understand this :-(

Regards /D_S

Rockn said:
Are you on cable, DSL or other. I really doubt you have a full 10Mbit or byte connection. I bet if you tried to download any large file you would see the same results.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts