How is this graphic produced..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

puter hater

I wondering if there was anyone here that knew how this graphic might of been produced. Maybe what program? I like to glitter pictures but as you can see this one only has certain parts that glitter. So I was wondering what may have been used to produce it . If it's a stupid question I'm sorry...

This is an animated GIF I think. There are lots of programs out there to make something like this.

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
It is an animated Gif. There are various programs to compile a number of single GIF images into one of those once the Gif's themselves are produced, and most decent picture editors will let you save as an ani gif directly. For example if you try to save a multi-layered image in the GIMP as a gif, it gives you the option to either flatten the image into one layer or to treat each layer as a single frame of the animated gif.

If I wanted to make that in Gimp, I'd start off making the plain snowman picture as one Layer.
I'd duplicate the layer 6 times, and on each one add slightly different glitter patterns to each.
I'd then tell it to optimise for gif, so that it gets rid of unneeded information-ie that which is the same throughout.
Go to save, save as a gif. Tell it I want an animation.

This one would actually be quite easy because much of the image doesn't change at all through the six-frame sequence.

If I wanted to make that in Gimp, I'd start off making the plain snowman picture as one Layer.
I'd duplicate the layer 6 times, and on each one add slightly different glitter patterns to each.
I'd then tell it to optimise for gif, so that it gets rid of unneeded information-ie that which is the same throughout.
Go to save, save as a gif. Tell it I want an animation.
Hello my friend.

Can we really do it in GIMP????? as you said????? can we use photoshop??? I have photoshop cs4 and how can I do it n there? I am not good in graphic stuffs.

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
I cannot say about photoshop, though I'd be very surprised if it couldn't do that.

In gimp ... here's a little bouncing penguin Gif that I just threw together. It isn't very good quality because it's a quick job, but it works nicely as proof of concept.

Edit: Photoshop has its own tool to do it.
http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/build-animated-gifs-in-photoshop/

Attachments

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have photoshop cs4 and how can I do it n there?
See Here ... To open an Animated gif in CS4 ... This is now much easier in CS5... (just open it in CS5)
In PS you'll see 6 layers .. and turn on the animation window.
When opening an animated gif .. You get it as it's Played .. not as it was originally constructed .. (layers)

That's interesting .. I didn't know Gimp could do animations.
Here's some other Animation suggestions

Attachments

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
This was probably original constructed with 7 Layers .. and 6 Frames
Layer 1 would have been the Background ..
Then 6 layers added for the Glitter only.
Layer 1 would have been shown in all 6 Animation frames ..
And the 6 glitter Layers would have been sequenced thru the 6 frames .. One at a time ..
showing on top of the background.

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
This was probably original constructed with 7 Layers .. and 6 Frames
Layer 1 would have been the Background ..
Then 6 layers added for the Glitter only.
Layer 1 would have been shown in all 6 Animation frames ..
And the 6 glitter Layers would have been sequenced in the 6 frames .. One at a time.
Actually only frame 1 holds the background at all. The remaining frames have enough of the background to overwrite the previous glitter and add sparkles of their own. However it's possible that this is the result of the optimisation after the frames were made as you say.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Probably time for me to change my Avatar .. Tis the season and it's snowing outside.
It's a rather complicated construction of Layers .. Playing differently in all the 13 Frames.

I have hundreds of gigs of PS video Tutorials .. But not one covering animating.
That's OK .. My hardware can hold it .. But it's different story for my Wetware

This was learned thru Trial n Error.
@ Puter Hater .. You got Photoshop ???

Attachments

Hi all, I also want to create a Animated GIF, but not by learning Graphics Designing. So is there any software with built in animating options which I can do that? Actually it is better if it is powerful.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online