1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How long should a lithium battery last?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by finwood, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. finwood

finwood Thread Starter

I bought an Olympus c-770 Ultra Zoom in December, 2004. It uses a rechargeable li-ion battery. I bought another one for backup. Lately, both batteries seem to need recharging after no more that 10 pictures. I rarely use the lcd, but I do use the zoom quite a bit. Is it time to buy some new batteries? What is the expected life for one of these batteries?

2. wilson44512

wilson44512

3. ferrija1

ferrija1

I don't know that much about batteries but I know that 10 pictures is way to low.

I have a Z710 too and I use lithium batteries too but finwoods camera accepts only Power Supply Li-10B Li-ion rechargeable batteries, which I think are proprietary.

4. finwood

finwood Thread Starter

These are little rectangular batteries (I/4"x 1 1/4 x 1 3/4) They lasted alot longer when they were newer. I was just wondering if two years was normally the batteries life expectancy. The first one came with the camera, but I bought the second one after market for about $20, if I remember correctly.

5. hewee

hewee

6. ferrija1

ferrija1

7. hewee

hewee

But they may still have Lithium Photo Batteries in the right shape.
    I know on my camera the battery that came with it was like the Energizer AA Lithium Photo Batteries where it is all like one battery. But I can put in rechargerables, AA where you put two of them in. But no way am I using anything else but the Energizer AA Lithium Photo Batteries after seeing how great they are and how many pictures I took and how long it lasted.

Is this the camera?
    Olympus Camedia C-770 Zoom
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C770/C77A.HTM

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C770/C77A12.HTM

Battery Life: Somewhat limited battery life, plan on buying a second battery. With a worst-case run time of only 79 minutes, the C-770's battery life is well on the short side of average. - And, because it's an EVF-based camera, you can't save very much power by turning off the rear-panel LCD. I always recommend purchasing a second battery, but with the C-770, would call it almost a necessity.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C770/C77DAT.HTM

Power
    Battery Form Factor: Proprietary LI-10B
    Usable Battery Types: Lithium Ion rechargeable
    Batteries Included: Proprietary LI-10B Lithium Ion rechargeable
    Battery Charger Included: Yes

Nothing worse then Proprietary and a not so good Proprietary battery is even worse.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice