How many Fans is enough for AMD Tbird 1400mhz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maximaaa

Aside from the cpu fan and case fan, do I need another type of fan to keep the Tbird running cool?

The more the merrier. The cooler you keep it the better.

If you have spots to mount extra case fans use them, if no and you have a 5 1/4 bay open I would suggest one of the twin turbo bay fans, they move a lot of air and help keep it cool.

You can never have enough fans with AMD. I suggest you put in an industrial duty airconditioner. :D Well... I quess the twin turbo drives are plenty if it comes down to that.

I run a 1333 and I have a case fan, a nice power supply with an interrior and exterior fan, and a heatsink fan combo and it works nicely. It sounds like a jet, but it runs in a comfortable zone.

I have an Intel Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz and I have one fan on the processor and well that's all. Oh I know Amd's are cheaper. I mean I could buy a 1.4 for 20 bucks less and then buy 80 dollars worth of fans. I don't know what I was thinking.

ibdewey- you have lost me...

I also have a P4 1.5 Ghz and only use one fan... on the cpu, but with AMD you must use at least three fans to keep air moving as amds heat up quite a bit, and burn easily. Yes, amd is a lot cheeper, it just depends on what you go for. (remember not to spend all the money you save on the cpu on fans;))

Sorry Brian, but I wasn't going there... (or at least not trying to...)

I'll back out now. The last time this happened it was a real disaster and all hell broke loose. :)

Cpu Wars will no longer stand... we have enough computer problems to deal with as it is! :D ;)

Stepping down... :eek:

maximaaa

Any AMD fanatics out there who want to say something about how fast the AMD is compared to the P4?
I'm still trying to decide if I should go AMD or P4. I'm building the system on the 25th.

Alright, I won't go there either. I just have to throw in a good AMD joke every once in a while, you can't blame me for that. Anyway I really enjoy the board. I just became a member today and there is a wealth of information here. Thanks.

Sorry I forgot (well... I know I said I'd step down from this thread)... welcome to TSG! AZ is our "official greater" now, :D but can only be in so many places at once. :D (by the way Brian... my post up there was merely some occasional humor)

whatever floats your boat maxima...
I have 2 systems one with an athlon one with a p4, they both run great so it really doesn't matter, its all your preference

Alright, I won't go there either. I just have to throw in a good AMD joke every once in a while, you can't blame me for that.

Yes i can, i dont know where you guys learned about hardware, but all you need is 1 fan on a AMD just like a P4. The faster/hotter the chip, the better fan you need. Thats all.

Choosing the fan is fun, there are so many to choose from, from the FOP32 which sounds like a small vacuum cleaner but will cool your beer to just above freezing to the silent Evercool 80mm fans.

Goodnight lame P4 slaves. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online