How many megs is about 2 hours of audio?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

senna

I was wondering how many megs about 2 hours of Audio will be. I was thinking about zipping it and putting it on my website. Any opnions?

Thanks,
Senna

Miz

It depends on the quality of the sound file (sampling rate) and the format. I've recorded about 40 minutes of audio in mono (a speech the guy wanted to save) at a relatively low rate in .wav format and it ended up about 65 megs.

Putting it in mp3 format is your best bet for a web site...unless it's copyrighted material and then all bets are off. ;)

RT

Miz said:
...unless it's copyrighted material and then all bets are off. ;)
Also depends on the connection speed of who might view your website.

If you are offering that 2 hours as a download link, and it turns out to be say, 65 MB ( or whatever) it will take perhaps 2 days for for a dial-up person to get ;)

Also will depend on the quality and format, even if zipped, as Miz said.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'd put it in an MP3, it'll be as compact as a ZIP file, but you'll also be able to directly play it.

TRS-80 vet

Account Closed
Windows Movie Maker tells how much time is available on your drive, when different formats are used to record input sound, or video.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online