1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How much for just the computer?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by maugrim, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maugrim

maugrim Thread Starter

Well long story short I got lucky and won a contest run by the fine folks at Bioware and have a new computer coming. My first thought was to give the computer to my nephew but an upcoming Disneyland trip/Credit Cards/New Game Releases have me thinking that selling may be the better option even if I earn some bad auntie points Specs are exactly as follows, not overclocked, recently replaced graphics card (burned the first one out bu not cleaning the dust, xfx replaced it with exact same model):

1 x LIAN LI PC-7B plus II Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    1 x EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
    1 x Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6850
    1 x G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8000CL5D-4GBPI
    1 x XFX PVT88PYDF4 GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    1 x BFG Tech BFGR650PSU 650W ATX12V V2.0 / EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
    1 x ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler
    1 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    1 x ASUS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model DRW-2014L1T LightScribe Support
    1 x Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM

So how much can I get? And thanks in advance, this site is great, just signed up since someone has usually experianced and had the same problem I had solved, but longtime reader/lurker :)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hard to say, but used computers are typically worth a lot less than you might imagine. :)

3. maugrim

maugrim Thread Starter

Oh I know it's not worth near the $1200 I payed for just the parts! But looking at ebay for used parts comparable custome builds I'm guessing somewhere between $300-500 just doing a reality check though.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I think you're at least in the right ballpark.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919961

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice