How much networking knowledge do you need?

vijay10

Every time I watch a tutorial or a walk-through I get stuck because of some networking concept that I haven't come across before. I'm currently studying networking essentials on CISCO Academy. Will this be enough to allow me to learn ethical hacking? Can anyone here recommend some good, free, networking courses or videos that would put me at the level I need to be at. Thank you! :)

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You're focusing on the wrong material if you're looking to get into ethical hacking. While the basics of networking is good, you don't need to get extremely deep in my opinion.

Every time I watch a tutorial or a walk-through
Stay away from tutorials and walk-through's, you'll only lose time.
Spending money for courses is also waste of time and money because these require good starting
skills or some basic education.

What you're looking for are blogs made by people who invest their live into these things.
Unfortunately it's not allowed for us to post such links here.

googling out won't help either, so my recommendation to find good articles is to start with technical references,
technical references while not easy to follow contain many keywords that you can use while googling,
and it should lead you to all sorts of good sites.

Start with Kali:
https://www.kali.org

Investigate their docs:
https://www.kali.org/docs

And you'll already have a lot of keywords at disposal to continue your search.

vijay10

Thank you all for your helpful replies now my issue is solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online