1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How Search for Files in Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kirklott, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kirklott

kirklott Thread Starter

One of the most baffling things about Microsoft 'upgrades' is getting rid of useful features from previous versions.

In XP, you could specify general file type - photos, music, etc. - and search all, and specify folder, drive, etc. No such luck in Windows 7, which has made it decidely harder to search for anything.

It's very simple. I bought a new laptop, and want to import all music, photos and videos from my old computer. But the new search function off the start button doesn't let you specify file type or location...

I want to find ALL music - regardless of file type - on my external hard drive, etc., then copy and import to my new computer.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/897838