1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how stop bing pictures

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by boydphoto, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boydphoto

boydphoto Thread Starter

First Name:
    boyd
    they always show when I open browser. they are low quality and I'd like to have them stop appearing. how can I do it?
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 122 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3927 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 605, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 448 GB (343 GB Free); D: 16 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 84D4
    Antivirus:Webroot

2. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Which browser are you using?
    In the case of Edge, you can click on the Gear over on the right side of the window, near the top. In there you should be able to set off the news feed.
    Go into settings (the three dots on the right, a little higher up) and select settings in there, Under "General", you should find "Open Microsoft Edge With". In that you can choose what you want.

3. boydphoto

boydphoto Thread Starter

First Name:
    boyd
    I'm using Chrome.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Change the Home Page to something you do like.

5. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Go into settings (the three dots on the right, a little higher up) and select settings in there,
    At the bottom of the page there are the options for what you can have appear when you start Chome.
    upload_2019-10-2_21-50-38.png
    Don't forget to mark the problem solved if this is the answer that works for you.

6. boydphoto

boydphoto Thread Starter

First Name:
    boyd
    I did what you said, but it only shows what I WANT to appear, not what I DON'T want to appear. I see no option to remove Bing or Cortana. Thanks for helping, though.

7. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    It is hard to understand what is happening from your description.
    I can assume that either you have a default home page set to something that you don't want,
    or
    You have some kind of Malware on your system, causing undesired behaviour.

You can check to see if you have any Bing based toolbar or other app installed on your system, and uninstall it (run appwiz.cpl)
    and
    You can do a fast check for malware using my fave: ADWCleaner: Be sure to scan and quarantine everything.

If those things don't find you joy, then kindly post a screenshot showing the freshly opened browser so I can have a better idea of what you are referring to.
    (make the Chrome window as smaller, and press <Alt><Print Scrn>) or run snip.exe). Make sure that you are not posting private info.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice