1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how the heck do I stop this???

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ladi dadi, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladi dadi

ladi dadi Thread Starter

I have had a problem with my computer at work forever, and I am finally fed up. You know how sometimes you go to a site and automatically other sites pop up on your screen, you have to close them all to get back to where you want to be??? Well, this had happened to me before, when I use internet explorer to get online, I ended up deleting internet explorer and reloading it. It worked, I no longer had all of the sites pop up upon entering explorer. Well, now it is happening again, I have no idea how it happens they are sites I have never been to (food sites and geocite stuff mostly). Anyway, I tried deleting and reloading explorer again, but this time it did not work. I always have about 20 things automatically pop up whenever I click on my internet explorer icon. How the heck do I get these things to go away, it is time consuming not to mention really annoying. If anyone has ANY ideas please let me know both how to fix this and how to possibly avoid it in the future. It would be greatly appreciated---Thanks, I look forward to chatting with you!!!

2. indigowindow

indigowindow

3. ladi dadi

ladi dadi Thread Starter

Thanks a lot indigowindow!!, I went ahead and downloaded it. I'll let you know how it works. Again, I really appreciate your assistance :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice