how to access programs on dual os....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

anupam_smarty

Am having two os "xp professional(32 bit) and vista home basic(32 bit)"......during boot process computer asks me,to enter the choice for the particular os...........upto here its ok.........now please tell how to install different softwares so this i can access it in both the operating system to which i log in..........

my e-mail:[email protected]

could you post your setup details please ...like what is installed on which partition ??

~a

anupam_smarty

Am having four partition.....
C: VISTA: primary partiton [40 Gb]
D: XP: primary partiton,boot loader[40 GB]
E: logical partiton[40 GB]
F: logical partiton[40 GB]

DoubleHelix

Banned
You can't access programs from one OS on the other. You have to install them on each.

The partition setup you have is irrelevant.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
You can - if you are careful - save a bit of space by having a common program files directory on a common drive.

You still have to install on both Versions of Windows so that the registry and local folders get set up, but they can both use the common program folder providing that the installs are identical.

DoubleHelix

Banned
That's not the same thing as sharing an application and still requires two licenses. I wouldn't see the point in using a shared installation folder given that both OS's need it installed anyway. Then you double the chances for corruption and problems and seriously complicate troubleshooting.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online