How to access stored email on old hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wanderer1

System: AMD KT3 1.8GHz, Primary HD 80Gb Maxtor, Slave HD (former primary) 40Gb Maxtor. OS WinXP Home

I just installed a new 80Gb HD to replace an old 40Gb HD that was dying (would no longer boot reliably, some sectors damaged). The old HD OS was Win98. I have installed WinXP Home on the the new HD. Everything has gone pretty well, no major problems. BUT there were a lot of email messages stored on the old HD, some of them quite important. I was using Outlook express on the old drive, same has been installed on the new one. I have no idea how to access the stored email on the old drive. Most of the data on the old drive is still accessible. I know where to find the files that contain this data on the old HD, but not what to do with them. I don't think the files are damaged. Any help would be much appreciated.

RGB

In OE, go to File, Import, Messages, select your old version of OE, click next, select import from store directory, next and then browse to the location where the messages are stored on the old HD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online