1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to add a colour tint?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by the_badgerman, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the_badgerman

the_badgerman Thread Starter

A bit of a strange request, but after searching everywhere that I can think of for hours, I can't seem to find a solution.

I am a teacher, and several of my pupils have a problem reading anything on a white background. I can often change the colour of backgrounds, but there are certain applications where it's not possible.

So, rather than ask how to remove a colour cast from my monitor, I'd like to be able to overlay a blue or pink colour cast on my entire monitor - can anybody tell me about any software which has this functionality? I'd like it to be configurable and easily 'turn off and onable.'

Alternatively - any easy to use colour profile management tools for windows xp? The microsoft color management control panel plugin doesn't seem to make it possible to achieve what I want.

Many thanks,
    Mike

2. pip22

pip22

The problem with your request is that any colour overlay will also effect the text to the same degree. You can't have an overlay or intentional colour-cast while at the same time keeping the text white. So that would surely defeat the purpose of trying to make it easier to see/read wouldn't it ?

3. the_badgerman

Sorry - I should have explained more clearly - that's exactly what I want. I need to be able to add a colour cast to *everything*.

Thanks for any help

Mike

4. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    If this is a data projector you're dealing with, you may be able to adjust the colour balance in the projector settings to make it a bit "more blue" as you say.

However, and without meaning to tell you how to do your job, you need to consider how other students would react to the change. As a student myself, I would be fine with the whiteboard being set to a different colour balance when the teacher is writing, but if movies or pictures are projected it would be annoying.
    A possible alternative would be to supply the individual students with some sort of tinted glasses kind of like 3D glasses with only blue lenses. One girl in my physics class last year had such a problem, and used glasses to solve it for herself without causing problems to anyone else.

5. the_badgerman

thanks for your reply. I hope it doesn't come across as rude but rather than wishing to get into a discussion on alternative approaches in the classroom or it's implications, I'm just wanting to know of any software which can add a colour cast. I thought that a tech support forum might be the appropriate place for that question. Does anybody know of any software which can add a colour cast please?

Thanks.

6. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Have you tried adjusting it on the projector?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice