1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to add a search box to search within our website

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by SweetwaterRanch, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SweetwaterRanch

SweetwaterRanch Thread Starter

Hello,
    I use Bluehost for web hosting and have recently started to use Weebly to build our website/online store. I would like to know how to add a search box so our customers will be able to find items within our store (Steve's Lost Land of Toys). I have tried Pico and Atomz but the search results open in a way which we do not want (outside of our website/store). What we are looking for is a search box which displays results like the search on this site "Cyberguys", or like ebay, Newegg, etc.
    Thank you for your time and help!!

2. Sponsor

3. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    What store software are you using? Bespoke or a package?

If a package it should be an option somewhere within it. If bespoke we will need a few more details but have a look at Google custom search here it may do what you want.

4. onlito

onlito

5. SweetwaterRanch

This is how the search results have been showing up... not in our website. http://www.steveslostlandoftoys.com/websitesearchresults.jpg I would like the customer to be direct to the page. Like if they are looking for Batman I would like it to go to the Batman page. So is this because I am using Weebly or is it because I need to change some coding (which I would need help with), or do I need to use another search box tool/software. Thnx!!

6. JiminSA

JiminSA

Why not look at Weebly's suggestion for a search box here
    The link shows you how to customise Google search just for your site

7. SweetwaterRanch

Thanks... But I have already tried it... Actually at the bottom of that page it shows how the search shows up which is what I and trying to change.

8. JiminSA

JiminSA

This link looks innovative and may suit your needs

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100871